KILLEYMUR, or KILLIMER, a parish, in the barony of CLONBERLAW, county of CLARE, and province of MUNSTER., 4 miles (E. S. E.) from Kilrush, on the river Shannon; containing 3023 inhabitants. It comprises 4621 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and is principally under tillage. The land is generally good, and there is a small quantity of bog; sea-weed is used as manure. Flags of superior quality are quarried at Money-Point. The principal seats are Burrane House, the residence of J. Hodges, Esq.; Donogrogue Castle, of G. Crowe Hodges, Esq., Caradole of R. D. Daxon, Esq.; and Besborough, of the Rev.
Theobald Butler. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, forming part of the union of Kilmurry-Clonderlaw; the rectory is partly impropriate in the representatives of Lord Castlecoote, and partly forms a portion of the rectorial union of Kilrush. The tithes amount to £203. 1. 6½., of which £55. 7. 8¼. is payable to the rector of Kilrush, £64. 12. 3¾ to the impropriator, and £83. 1. 6½. to the vicar: there is a glebe of one acre. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Kilrush, and contains a chapel, in which is a school of about 100 children. There is also a private school, in which about 30 children are taught. The ruins of the parish church, and of another small church or chapel still exist.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.