In 1868, the parish of Killimer contained the following places:
"KILLIMER, (or Killeymur), a parish in the barony of Clonderalaw, county Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 2 miles S.E. of Kilrush. The parish which is 6 miles long by 5 broad, is bounded on the S.E. and S. by Clonderalaw Bay and the mouth of the Shannon. The interior is traversed by the road from Ennis to Kilrush. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Killaloe, value with Kilmurry-Clonderalaw, £318, in the patronage of the bishop. There are a Roman Catholic chapel and two day schools. Burrane House is the chief residence.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018