In 1868, the parish of Killone contained the following places:
"KILLONE, a parish in the barony of Islands, county Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 2 miles S.W. of Clare. Ennis is its post town. It is near 4 miles long and over 3 broad. The surface lies chiefly at the inner end of the estuary of the Fergus. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Killaloe, value with Dromcliffe, £575, in the patronage of the bishop. There are a Roman Catholic chapel, and two or three hedge-schools. Edenvale and Newhall are the chief seats. There are some remains of an abbey founded in 1190 by Donald O'Brien."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018