The tithes of this parish amount to £254. 2. 11½., the entire tithes of the archdeaconry to £393. 5. 7., and those of the vicarial union to £295. 1. 11½. The glebehouse is a modern building, towards the erection of which the late Board of First Fruits contributed a loan of £369 and a gift of a similar sum, in 1828: there is a glebe of 43 acres, subject to a charge of £10 per ann.
late currency. The church at Ennistymon, built in 1831, is also a handsome structure, for the erection of which the same Board granted a loan of £1000. In the R.C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Ennistymon, which also comprises the parish of Clouney, and contains the chapels of Ennistymon, Lahinch, and Kilthomas. In the public schools at Ennistymon about 340 children are educated, and there are also in the parish nine private schools. The ruins of the old church still remain in the burial-ground.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilmanaheen to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R1095486161 (Lat/Lon: 52.919224, -9.324582), Kilmanaheen which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
510954,686161and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)