In 1868, the parish of Kilmurry C contained the following places:
"KILMURRY, a parish in the barony of Clonderalaw, county Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, containing its post town, Knock. It is 4 miles long by 3 broad, and extends along the W. shore of Clonderalaw Bay. The surface is chiefly cold moorland. The road from Ennis to Kilrush follows the coast. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Killaloe, value with four others, £318, in the patronage of the bishop. The church was erected by aid of a loan from the late Board of First Fruits in 1810. There is a Roman Catholic chapel and five hedge-schools.
"KILMURRY MACMAHON, a village in the parish of Kilmurry, county Clare, province of Munster, Ireland. Here are the remains of a castle of the M'Mahons. Fairs are held on the 24th May, June, and September."
"KNOCK, a post-office village in the parish of Kilmurry, in the barony of Clonderalaw, county Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 22 miles S.W. of Ennis, and 160 from Dublin. It is situated on Clonderalaw Bay, and on the Kilrush and Killadysert road. It contains a police station, where petty sessions are held. The dispensary in the village is within the Kilrush Poor-law Union."