In 1868, the parish of Ogonnelloe contained the following places:
"OGONNELLOE, a parish in the barony of Lower Tulla, county Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 5 miles N.W. of Killaloe, its post town. It is 4 miles long, and its greatest breadth is 3 miles. The surface borders on part of Lough Derg and Scariff Bay. It is somewhat hilly, Knocknalicka being the principal summit. The soil is gravelly, but productive. The Killaloe and Scariff road passes through the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Killaloe, value £123, in the patronage of the bishop. The church was gifted by the late Board of First Fruits in 1812. There are a Roman Catholic chapel, two Sunday and four day schools. Tinarana House is the principal residence. Here are the ruins of Cahir Castle and Ballybran church.
"ANNACARRIGA, a village in the parish of Ogonnelloe, barony of Lower Tulle, in the county of Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 3 miles to the N. of Killaloe."