In 1868, the parish of Rathborney contained the following places:
"RATHBORNEY, a parish in the barony of Burren, county Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 8 miles S.W. of Burren. Ballyvaughan is its post town. The parish, which is of large extent, includes a large proportion of mountain and bog. The road from Burren to Enniskillen passes through the parish. The living is a rectory and vicarage in the diocese of Kilfenora, value £247, in the patronage of the bishop. There is a small church. The Roman Catholic chapel is the head of the Glynn district. Gregans is the principal residence. The remains of Gregans Castle are visible.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018