In 1868, the parish of St Patricks contained the following places:
"ST. PATRICK'S, a parish in the baronies of Bunratty and Clanwilliam, county Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 2 miles N. of Limerick, within which city it is included. The parish is situated on the river Shannon, and includes Ardnacrusha and Kilcane. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Limerick, value £293, in the patronage of the bishop. See Limerick City.
"ARDNACRUSHA, a hamlet in the parish of St. Patrick's, in the barony of Lower Bunratty, in the county of Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 2 miles to the N. of Limerick."