is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. The ruins of the church still remain in the burialground.
In the R. C. divisions also it is included in the union or district of Glanworth: the chapel is at Ballyndangan.
About 50 children are educated in a private school. The late Rev. John Kelleher, P. P. of Glanworth, bequeathed £50 towards the erection of a schoolhouse at Ballyndangan, in aid of which an application will be made to the National Board. About a quarter of a mile to the north of the ruins of the church are those of the ancient castle of Ballylough. Ballyndangan the ancient seat of the family of Terry, is now occupied as a farm-house.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ballydeloughy to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R7549509629 (Lat/Lon: 52.238332, -8.35944), Ballydeloughy which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
575495,609629and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)