O'Leary, Esq.; and Bregogue Castle, of J. Rogers. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Cloyne, and is part of the union of Buttevant and Cahirduggan, formerly called the union of Bregogue; the rectory is impropriate in C. S. Oliver, Esq. The tithes amount to £150, payable in equal portions to the impropriator and the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Buttevant. There are some remains of the old castle incorporated into the dwelling-house of Mr. Rogers; also of the ancient church in the burial-ground.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bregoge to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R5108809501 (Lat/Lon: 52.235556, -8.716666), Bregoge which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
551088,609501and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)