5½ miles (S. W.) from Tallow, on the road to Castle- Martyr; containing 1128 inhabitants. It comprises 3850 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £2491 per annum. The surface is generally mountainous and wild, and agriculture is in an imperfect state. The village contains about 20 cabins.
The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cloyne, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £225. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Castle-Martyr, and has a chapel in the village of Clonmult. There is a private school of about 20 children.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Clonmult to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference W9295383619 (Lat/Lon: 52.005085, -8.103338), Clonmult which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
592953,583619and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)