This is a very small parish, comprising only one ploughland, situated on the south bank of the river Lee, near Warrens-court. The land is good, and the substratum consists entirely of clay-slate. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Cork, being part of the union of St.
Peter's, Cork, and of the corps of the archdeaconry: the tithes amount to £107. There being no church, the parishioners attend divine service at Canaway. The ruins of the old church are a mile and a half north of Warrens-court, on rising ground, and show it to have, been a small building. In the R. C divisions the parish is part of the union or district of Kilmichael.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Dunisky to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference W3664968333 (Lat/Lon: 51.864158, -8.920356), Dunisky which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
536649,568333and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)