There is no glebe-house; the glebe comprises 10 acres.
The church was erected by aid of a gift of £600 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1831. In the R. C.
divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Aghada. The male and female parochial schools were erected by Bishop Brinkley, in 1828; and there is a school in connection with the National Board. In Castle Mary demesne are the remains of a cromlech; and near Poer Head, on the top of the cliff, are the extensive ruins of a fortress, erected by order of Queen Elizabeth in 1595, but destroyed by the Earl of Desmond soon after, when the garrison was either put to the sword or thrown over the cliff.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Inch to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference W8978363906 (Lat/Lon: 51.827875, -8.148926), Inch which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
589783,563906and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)