In the R. C. divisions it also forms part of the union or district of Glanworth. The parochial school, in which are about 40 children, is chiefly maintained by the incumbent, who allows the master the use of the glebe land, containing six plantation acres, rent free. The school-house, a neat building, was erected at an expense of £60, of which £50 was granted from the Lord- Lieutenant's school fund, and the remainder was defrayed by the incumbent. Some remains of the old church still exist.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilgullane to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R7797209431 (Lat/Lon: 52.236654, -8.323167), Kilgullane which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
577972,609431and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)