This small parish consists of only one townland, comprising 410 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £374 per annum, and for all civil purposes has merged into the parish of Glanworth. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Cloyne, and forms the corps of the prebend of Killenemor, in the cathedral of Cloyne, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £40, and form part of the economy fund of the cathedral. There is neither church, glebe-house, nor glebe. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the district of Glanworth.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Killeenemer to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R7766406858 (Lat/Lon: 52.213519, -8.327501), Killeenemer which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
577664,606858and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)