Here is Ballinora, the seat of J. Beamish, Esq. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Cork, partly constituting the corps of the prebend of Kilnaglory, in the cathedral church, and partly appropriate to the treasurer of St. Finbarr's, Cork; and in 1785 episcopally united to the rectory and vicarage of Athnowen, and in the patronage of the Bishop. The tithes amount to £360, of which £325 is payable to the prebendary, and £35 to the treasurer. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Ballincollig; there is a neat chapel at Ballinora. About 45 children are taught in a private school. There are several raths or forts.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilnaglory to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference W5851467236 (Lat/Lon: 51.856346, -8.602847), Kilnaglory which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
558514,567236and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)