Stowards, Esq.; Castle View, of J. Hayes, Esq.; and Kilnagross Cottage, of the Rev. W. Sullivan. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Ross, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £370. The church, which was built in 1821, is a small plain edifice.
In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Clonakilty. There is a parochial school of about 40 children, which is aided by the rector, and endowed with a house and an acre of land by T. Hodnet, Esq.; it is closed during the winter; there is also a Sunday school. On the summit of an eminence, about a mile eastward from the church, are the remains of a very large cromlech.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilnagross to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference W3976444906 (Lat/Lon: 51.653976, -8.871087), Kilnagross which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
539764,544906and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)