The parish, which consists only of the townlands of Subulter and Knockninoss, or Knocknanuss, comprises 382¼ statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £522 per annum. The land is of good quality and chiefly in tillage: it is wholly occupied by John Leahy, Esq., of Subulter House. Limestone is found and burnt for manure. For all civil purposes, and for the performance of clerical duties, it is considered to form part of Kilbrin. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Cloyne, forming the corps of the prebend of Subulter, in the cathedral of St. Colman, Cloyne: the tithes amount to £63. 6. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Kilbrin. There is a school of about 60 children, gratuitously instructed by Miss Leahy.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Subulter to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R4358803961 (Lat/Lon: 52.185055, -8.825511), Subulter which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
543588,603961and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)