Dunlarick, the seat of J. Barry, Esq., stands in a demesne embellished with extensive and thriving plantations, the whole of which was formerly waste land.
The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Cloyne, and in the patronage of the Bishop; the rectory is appropriate to the vicars choral of Christ-Church, cathedral, Dublin. The tithes, amounting to £34S.7.4½., are equally divided between the vicars choral and the vicar: there is a glebe of 9 acres. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Lisgoold.
Here is a pay school, in which are about 40 children.
There are some slight remains of the castle of Rathgabbane.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Templebodan to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference W8486383269 (Lat/Lon: 52.001778, -8.221132), Templebodan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
584863,583269and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)