Collis; and Ballinacurra House, of J. Bleazby, Esq.
The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Cork, and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes amount to £105.
In the R. C. divisions the parish is part of the union of Kinsale. A small creek, which separates this parish from that of Clontead, penetrates a considerable distance into the land: on its southern bank are the ruins of the ancient church; and not far distant are those of White castle, which was built by the Roches in 1497, to command the landing-place, and gives name to the creek and the small village adjoining.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tisaxon to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference W5999550842 (Lat/Lon: 51.709126, -8.579467), Tisaxon which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
559995,550842and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)