The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cloyne, united to the particle of Ballygregan (a townland now considered to form part of the parish of Wallstown), and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £416, and the glebe comprises 16 statute acres. The glebe-house is a commodious and well-built mansion, erected in 1829 at an expense of £1100, of which the late Board of First Fruits gave £200 and lent £600, on condition of its being used for the performance of divine service until a parish church could be erected, and it is accordingly used for that purpose. In the R. C. divisions the parish is in the union or district of Monanimy, or Kealavullen. The ruins of the church still exist; immediately adjoining is the ancient castle of Wallstown, which originally belonged to the family of Wall, and was granted by Cromwell to one of his soldiers of the name of Ruddock.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wallstown to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R6694306166 (Lat/Lon: 52.206764, -8.484273), Wallstown which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
566943,606166and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)