In 1868, the parish of Clondavaddog contained the following places:
"CLONDAVADDOG, (or Clondovadock), a parish in the barony of Kilmacrenan, in the county of Donegal, province of Ulster, Ireland. Ramelton is its post town. It lies partly open to the Atlantic, with Mulroy Bay and Lough Swilly on either side, and contains Faned Head with a lighthouse, and the villages of Ballyroosky, Daughbeg, and Tawney. The surface has much upland, the highest point being on Knockalla, which rises 1,196 feet above the sea-level. The soil is of medium quality, and slate is quarried. The road to Letterkenny passes along the coast. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Derry and Raphoe, value £543, in the patronage of Trinity College, Dublin. The church is of ancient foundation, but has been restored within the last century. Here are a Roman Catholic chapel, Sunday and day schools. Croaghan House is the principal residence.
"BALLYROOSKY, a village in the parish of Clondavaddog, barony of Kilmacrenan, in the county of Donegal, province of Ulster, Ireland, 8 miles to the N. of Ramilton. It is on the north coast of the county, near Ballyroosky Point."
"ROSNAKILL, a hamlet in the parish of Clondavaddog, barony of Kilmacrenan, county Donegal, Ireland, 7 miles N. of Milford, at the head of Mulroy Bay."
"TAWNY, a village in the parish of Clondavaddog, barony of Kilmacrenan, county Donegal, province of Ulster, Ireland, 4 miles N.E. of Carrickart. It is situated not far from Lough Tawny."