In 1868, the parish of Donaghcloney contained the following places:
"DONAGHCLONEY, a parish in the barony of Lower Iveagh, in the county of Down, province of Ulster, Ireland, 3 miles S.W. of Moira. Waringstown is its post town. It is situated on the road from Lurgan to Banbridge. The surface has some bog and a good soil. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Dromore, value £180, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is situated at Waringstown, and was founded by William Waring in 1680, enlarged in 1733, and again-in 1830. Divine service is also held in several of the schoolrooms. The Presbyterians have a meeting-house. There are three schools assisted by the London Hibernian Society, one in connection with the National Board, and several others. The chief seat is Waringstown House, which was occupied in 1688 by a party of Irish insurgents until the following year, when they were routed by Schomberg; others are Woodville, Milltown, Rosemount Valley, &c."
"WARINGTOWN, a village in the parish of Donaghcloney, county Down, Ireland, 5 miles S.W. of Moira. It was formerly called Clanconnel, and is situated near the river Lagan. There is a police station where petty sessions are held."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018