In 1868, the parish of Kilmood contained the following places:
"KILMOOD, (or Kilmud), a parish in the barony of Lower Castlereagh, county Down, province of Ulster, Ireland, 2 miles S. of Comber. Killinchy is its post town. It is 3½ miles long by 1½ mile broad. The small stream Blackwater flows through the parish, which is also traversed by the Comber and Killyleagh road. The soil is good. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Down, value £124. The church was rebuilt in 1821. There are four Sunday and five or six daily schools. This parish anciently formed part of the possessions of Comber Abbey.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018