Dublin, a county in Ireland, in Leinster, bounded N by Meath, E by the Irish sea, S by Wicklow, and W by Meath and Kildare, 30 m. long, and 19 broad; containing 228,211 acres, and 108 parishes, 21 of which are in the city of Dublin. The county is flat, except towards the S; on the coast it is broken into bays and creeks, with several places of resort for sea-bathing. Pop. 210,000.
[From The New London Gazetteer (1826)]
The transcription for this county from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- The Ireland Genealogy Project's County Dublin page, and its listing of the Project's available Dublin Records.
- The Irish Ancestors website (subscription) has the following types of records: State Registration of Births, Marriages & Deaths, Census returns, Land records, Church records, Genealogical Office records, Gravestone inscriptions, Directories, Newspapers, Wills, Deeds, and Occupations.
- Irish Ancestors' extensive County Dublin website.
- The LDS FamilySearch Wiki's Ireland Online Genealogy Records for County Dublin.
- The Fianna website's pages for County Dublin provide important addresses and extensive information about online and other genealogy resources.
- Roots Ireland (subscription) "offers access to a unique database of more than 20 million Irish records". Its Dublin (North) and its Dublin (South) coverage includes Baptismal/Birth Records, Marriage Records, Burial/Death Records, Gravestone Inscriptions and Griffith's Valuation (Free Access).
- Graham Jaunay's On-line Irish Names Research Directory
- WorldGenWeb - County Dublin
- On-line Irish Names Research Directory - surname listing for this county
- The irishgenealogy.ie website, a free service of the National Archives of Ireland, provides church records for Roman Catholic and Church of Ireland parishes in Dublin City.
Ryan, J.G. and Smith, B. Guide to Tracing your Dublin Ancestors, Glenageary, Co. Dublin, Ireland, Flyleaf Press 110 p. [ISBN 0 9508466 9 4]
Map of the city of Dublin in 1610
- Dublin Historical Record (quarterly),
The Hon. Editor, Old Dublin Society, City Assembly House, 58 South William Street, Dublin 2
- Rathmichael Historical Record (annual)
Mr. D. McGarry, Hon. Editor, 196 Rathfarnam Road, Dublin 14
- Royal Society of the Antiquaries of Ireland Journal (annual)
The Hon. Editor, 63 Merrion Square, Dublin 2
- Scathlan D Uas O'Baoill, 31 Plas Mhic Liam, Bail Atha Cliath 2