"Lisdowney", a village, in the parish of Aharney, barony of Galmoy, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 3 miles (S.) from Durrow, on the road to Kilkenny; containing 28 houses and 162 inhabitants. It is situated on the confines of Queen's county, and contains the chapel giving name to the R.C. union or district [of Lisdowney], which latter comprises the [civil] parishes of Aharney, Sheffin, Balleen, and Coolcashin, and parts of Rathbeagh and Grange.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: Aharney. RC Parish: Lisdowney.
Earliest Records: b. May 1817; m. Sep 1771.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC parish parish period number Aharney Lisdowney 1771-1880 0926199
Townlands (1851)Parish Townland Acres Diocese Aharney Lisdowney 1755 Ossory