"Arderra", or Ardera, a townland, in the barony of Iverk, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 3 1/2 miles (W. N. W.) from Waterford; containing 334 inhabitants. This townland, which anciently was part of the possessions of the abbey of Jerpoint, is bounded on the north by the parish of Ullid, and on the south by that of Rathkyran, of which latter it is, in the civil divisions, considered to form a part, and comprises 804 statute acres. It is in the diocese of Ossory, and is one of eighteen denominations constituting the union of Burnchurch: the tithes amount to £69. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Moncoin.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: Arderra. RC Parish: Mooncoin
Earliest Records: b. Dec 1797; m. Jan 1772.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC parish parish period number Arderra Mooncoin 1856-1880 0979702
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Arderra to another place.
Townlands (1851)Parish Townland Acres Diocese Arderra Ballincurra North 100 Ossory Arderra Ballincurra South 93 Ossory Arderra Arderra 583 Ossory
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S5274118335 (Lat/Lon: 52.314584, -7.227365), Arderra which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
652741,618335and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)