"Ballytarsney", a parish, in the barony of Iverk, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 6 1/2 miles (E. S. E.) from Carrick-on-Suir; the population is returned with the parish of Poleroan. The parish is situated on the road from Waterford to Limerick, and is about five British furlongs in length and breadth, comprising 1116 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, and forms part of the union of Clonmore. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Moncoin. Here are the remains of a square fort, which appears to have been of considerable stength.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: Ballytarsney. RC Parish: Mooncoin.
Earliest Records: b. Dec 1797; m. Jan 1772.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC parish parish period number Ballytarsney Mooncoin not available
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ballytarsney to another place.
Townlands (1851)Parish Townland Acres Diocese Ballytarsney Afaddy or Silverspring 165 Ossory Ballytarsney Ballytarsney 361 Ossory Ballytarsney Kilcraggan 369 Ossory Ballytarsney Silverspring or Afaddy 165 Ossory
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S5149517475 (Lat/Lon: 52.306979, -7.245773), Ballytarsney which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
651495,617475and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)