The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Castleinch contained the following places:
"CASTLEINCH, (or Inchyolaghan), a parish in the barony of Shillelogher, in the county of Kilkenny, province of Leinster, Ireland, 2 miles to the S.W. of Kilkenny. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ossory, Ferns, and Leighlin, value with two other benefices, £450, in the gift of the bishop. In this parish are Desart House, a noble mansion in a well-planted demesne; Castle Bamford, and Tinny Park.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018