The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Ennisnag contained the following places:
"ENNISNAG, a parish in the baronies of Knocktopher and Shillelogher, county Kilkenny-, province of Leinster, Ireland, 6 miles S. of Kilkenny. Stoneyford is its post town. It is situated on King's river, near its confluence with the Nore. The living is a rectory and vicarage in the diocese of Ossory, value £142, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is a neat structure, erected in 1817 by the late Board of First Fruits. The Roman Catholic chapel is at Ladieswell, and is united to those of Danesfort, Bennet's Bridge, and Kells."
"STONYFORD, a post-office village in the parishes of Ennisnag and Jerpoint church, baronies of Shillelogher and Knocktopher, county Kilkenny, province of Leinster, Ireland, 8 miles S. of Kilkenny, and 77 from Dublin. There is a police station. Petty sessions are held at intervals. There are a Roman Catholic chapel, a dispensary, and a fever hospital."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018