"Kilbride", a parish, in the barony of Ida, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 5 1/2 miles (W. by S.) from New Ross, containing 496 inhabitants, 2665 statute acres. It is a vicarage, episcopally united, in 1779, to the that of Kilcoan; the rectory is impropriate in the Rev. John Digby. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Slieuruagh.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: Kilbride. RC Parish: Slieverue
Earliest Records: b. Nov 1766; m. Feb 1766; d. Dec 1766.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC parish parish period number Kilbride Glenmore not available Note: Glenmore was created from northern Slieverue R.C. parish.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilbride to another place.
Townlands (1851)Parish Townland Acres Diocese Kilbride Ballyfasy Lower 349 Ossory Kilbride Ballyfasy Upper 647 Ossory Kilbride Ballywairy 322 Ossory Kilbride Kilbride 378 Ossory
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S6306025136 (Lat/Lon: 52.374608, -7.074806), Kilbride which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
663060,625136and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)