The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Kilkeasy contained the following places:
"KILKEASY, (or Kilcasey), a parish in the barony of Knocktopher, county Kilkenny, province of Leinster, Ireland, 3 miles S. of Knocktopher, its post town. It is 4 miles long by 1½ mile broad. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ossory, value with Knocktopher, £510, in the patronage of the bishop. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to those of Derrynahensy, Newmarket, Higginstown, and Kells. There are Roman Catholic and day schools. Rockhall is the principal residence. In this parish are the ruins of Knockmoylan Castle.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018