The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Killaloe contained the following places:
"KILLALOE, (or Grangooly), a parish in the baronies of Callan-with-Crannagh and Shillelogher, county Kilkenny, province of Leinster, Ireland, 2 miles N. of Callan, its post town. It is about 3 miles in length and the same in breadth. It is situated on the banks of the King's river. The soil is generally good. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ossory, value with Callan, £1,845, in the patronage of the Marquis of Ormonde. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to those of Ballycallan and Kilmanagh. There are a Sunday and two day schools. Harley Park and Whitehouse are the principal residences. There is a police station in the village.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018