In 1868, the parish of Kilmacow contained the following places:
"KILMACOW, a parish and village in the barony of Iverk, county Kilkenny, province of Leinster, Ireland, near Mullinavat. Waterford is its post town. The parish is 6 miles long by 1½ mile broad, and contains the villages of Graney and Old Dangan. The surface lies at the confluence of the rivulet Blackwater with the Suir. The soil is variable in quality, and the road from Waterford to Clonmel traverses the interior. The living is a rectory and vicarage in the diocese of Ossory, value £300, in the patronage of the bishop. The church was built by aid of a loan from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1818. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to those of Dunkitt and Kilbeacon. There are four day schools; also a police station, where petty sessions are held occasionally. The dispensary is within the Waterford Poor-law Union. Here are ruins of a castle, which formerly belonged to the Butlers."
"GRANDISON or GRANNY, a hamlet in the parish of Kilmacow, barony of Iverk, county Kilkenny, province of Munster, Ireland, 3 miles N.W. of Waterford. It is situated on the river Suir. In the vicinity are the ruins of Grandison Castle, supposed to have been built by Pierce Butler, Earl of Ormonde. It is an extensive and interesting ruin. Fairs are held on the 12th April, 14th May, 4th September, and 11th December."
"OLD DANGAN, a village in the parish of Kilmacow, barony of Iverk, in the county of Kilkenny, province of Leinster, Ireland, 3 miles N.W. of Waterford. It is situated on a small stream falling Into the Suir. Here are large flour-mills.