The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Odagh contained the following places:
"O'DAGH, (or Three-castles), a parish in the baronies of Fassadinin and Cranagh, county Kilkenny, province of Munster, Ireland, 3 miles E.S.E. of Freshford, its post town. It is 3 miles long by 21 broad. The surface consists of a part of the Nore valley, and has mostly a fertile soil. It is traversed by the road from Freshford to Kilkenny. The river Nore is crossed by a bridge in this parish, and here is a police station. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ossory, value, with two others, £337, in the patronage of the bishop. The church was given by the late Board of First Fruits in 1796. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to those of Freshford and Tullaran. Here are a Sunday and six daily schools. O'Dagh House is the chief seat.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018