"St. Martin", or Templemartin, a parish, in the barony of Gowran, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 2 1/4 miles (E.) from Kilkenny, on the road to Dublin; containing 17 inhabitants, and comrising 747 statute acres. The rectories and vicarages of St. Martin were united by act of council to those of St. Canice, and together with the rectories and vicarages of Ballybur form the union of St. Canice. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of St. Canice.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: St. Martin. RC Parish: St. Canice's.
Earliest Records: b. Apr 1768; m. Jun 1768.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC parish parish period number St Martin St Canice 1768-1810 0926195 St Martin Clara pt 1809-1828 0926194
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St. Martins to another place.
Townlands (1851)Parish Townland Acres Diocese St. Martins Highrath 51 Ossory St. Martins Lavistown 255 Ossory St. Martins Lyrath 63 Ossory St. Martins Rathbourn or Ratheenmore 201 Ossory St. Martins Ratheenmore or Rathbourn 201 Ossory St. Martins Templemartin 210 Ossory
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S5496454928 (Lat/Lon: 52.643168, -7.188749), St. Martins which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
654964,654928and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)