"St. Mary", a parish, entirely in the city of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster; comprising 65 statute acres. It is in the diocese of Ossory; the living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Bishop. The church, erected in 1819, is an elegant cruciform structure, with a tower and spire, situated in the High-street. The glebe-house is a good residence; and there is a small glebe near the church. In the R. C. divisions the parish of St. Mary is the head of a union, comprising also a small portion of St. John's. Adjoining the chapel of St. Mary's is the residence of the R. C. Bishop, and also the Presentation Convent, with a chapel attached to it.
[Partly from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: St. Mary's. RC Parish: St.Mary's.
Earliest Records: b. Jan 1754; m. Jan 1754; d. Jan 1754 to Jul 1787.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC parish parish period number St Mary’s St Mary’s 1754-1810 0926196 1762-1858 0926197
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St. Marys to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S5060255866 (Lat/Lon: 52.65202, -7.253036), St. Marys which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
650602,655866and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)