The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Tiscoffin contained the following places:
"TISCOFFIN, a parish in the barony of Gowran, county Kilkenny, Ireland, 4 miles N.N.W. of Gowran. Kilkenny is its post town. The surface is hilly, but the soil is productive. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ossory, value £142, in the patronage of the bishop. Here the MacMurroughs defeated the Earl of Ormond in 1362.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018