"Tubbrid", or Tubrid, a parish, in the barony of Iverk, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 9 1/2 miles (S. by W.) from Knocktopher; containing 213 inhabitants and comprising 980 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Fiddown. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Moncoin. A day school, in which about 100 children are taught, is aided by contributions from the parish priest; and a Sunday school is held in the R.C. chapel.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]