CLONLOGHER, or CLOONLOGHER, a parish, in the barony of DROMAHAIRE, county of LEITRIM, and province of CONNAUGHT, 1½ mile (N. E.) from Manorhamilton; containing 1245 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the road from Carrich-on-Shannon to Manorhamilton, contains 6029 acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It consists principally of mountain land, on which some successful attempts at irrigation have been made; there is a small bog, and limestone abounds. The principal seat is Larkfield, the residence of J. O'Donnell, Esq. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Kilmore, and is part of the union of Clonclare or Manor-Hamilton; the rectory is partly appropriate to the see of Kilmore, and impropriate in Owen Wynne, Esq. The tithes amount to £64, of which £33. 6. 8. is payable to the bishop, £16. 13. 4. to the vicar, and £14 to Owen Wynne, Esq. A corbeship appears to have existed here in ancient times, as, in 1663, the termon or Erenagh lands in Clonlogher were granted to the bishop of Kilmore and his successors; and Mr. Owen Wynne is called Abbot of Clonclare in the Report of the Ecclesiastical Commissioners in the year 1830, and holds ten acres of glebe. In the R. C. divisions the parish is partly in the union or district of Drumlease, and partly in that of Killargy. At Larkfield is a school of 100 boys and 79 girls.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.