In 1868, the parish of Drumreilly contained the following places:
"DRUMREILLY, a parish in the baronies of Carrigallen and Drumahaire, in the county of Leitrim, province of Connaught, Ireland, 8 miles N.W. of Ballinamore, its post town. It is situated to the N.E. of Lough Allen, and on the road from Ballinamore to Killeshandra. The surface consists of a large extent of wild highland, and includes part of the Slieve-an-Erin range, and some minor lakes and considerable tracts of bog. The living is a rect, and vicarage in the diocese of Kilmore, value £206, in the patronage of the crown and bishop. The church was built by William Gore in 1737. There are three Roman Catholic chapels, nine day schools, and a Sunday-school. Templeport was detached from this parish in 1835. Garadise is the principal residence. Limestone is obtained here."