The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Killanummery contained the following places:
"KILLANUMMERY, a parish in the barony of Drumahaire, county Leitrim, province of Connaught, Ireland, 2 miles S.E. of Drumahaire, its post town. It is near 6 miles long by 4 broad. The surface is hilly. The river Bonnet traces part of the N. border. The soil is mostly poor. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ardagh, value with Killery, £145, in the patronage of the bishop. The church was built in 1822 by means of a sum lent by the late Board of First Fruits. There is a Roman Catholic chapel; also seven day schools. Friarstown is the principal residence. Limestone prevails, with coal and iron in parts.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018