In 1868, the parish of Kiltubbrid contained the following places:
"KILTUBBRID, a parish in the barony of Leitrim, county Leitrim, province of Ulster, Ireland, 2 miles E.S.E. of Drumshambo, containing part of Keshcarrigan, its post town. Its greatest length is 6½ miles, and its breadth 3½- The surface is partly mountainous, and comprises Lough Scur and several other minor lakes. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ardagh, value £435, in the patronage of the bishop. The church was built in 1788. There is a Roman Catholic chapel, also four day schools. Letterfine and Driney are the chief residences. There is a dispensary within the Carrick-on-Shannon Poor-law Union. Two old castles are seen near Lough Scur, which formerly belonged to the Reynold family, also a sun altar. Iron, coal, and potter's clay are the chief mineral productions.