1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Cahercorney contained the following places:
"CAHERCORNEY, a parish in the barony of Small County, in the county of Limerick, province of Munster, Ireland, 9 miles to the S. of Limerick. It is situated near the banks of the river Comogue, a branch of the Maigue, and on Lough Gar. The living is a vicarage with that of Kilkellane united, in the diocese of Cashel, Emly, Waterford, and Lismore, value £85, in the gift of the Earl of Kenmare. The church is old, and contains a monument to the Crokers, who had a splendid mansion at Raleighstown in this parish. There are remains of a very ancient structure of stone, probably a fort, on a hill near Raleighstown. The old seat of the Crokers is dilapidated. Cahir is the seat of the Hon. S. O'Grady.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018