CORCOMOHIDE, a union (ecclesiastical), including the civil parishes of Castletown-Conyers, Drumcolloher, and Kilmeedy, in the barony of UPPER-CONNELLO-EAST, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER; containing 10,742 inhabitants. These parishes, each of which is described under its own head, are all contiguous, and together comprise 14,370¼ statute acres, as severally applotted under the tithe act; the tithes for the whole amount to £900, of which £570 is payable to the Countess of Ormonde, as lessee under the vicars choral of the cathedral church of St. Mary, Limerick, and £330 to the incumbent. There are two public schools, to one of which Mr. Stevelly contributes £10 annually, and to the other Col. White subscribes 10 guineas and has given a house and garden: about 150 children are educated in these schools, and about 750 in 12 private schools.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Corcomohide to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R4613428507 (Lat/Lon: 52.405873, -8.792219), Corcomohide which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
546134,628507and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)