In 1868, the parish of Corcomohide contained the following places:
"CORCOMOHIDE, a parish partly in the barony of Orrery in the county of Cork, and partly in the barony of Upper Connello, in the county of Limerick, province of Munster, Ireland, 5 miles N.W. of Charleville. The surface is of good quality, with some bog The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Limerick, value with Castletown, Kilmeedy, and Drumcolloher, £248, in the patronage of the Vicars Choral of Limerick Cathedral. Newcastle is the post town. The church is old and out of repair. There are Roman Catholic chapels at Kilmeedy, Castletown, and Drumcolloher, the latter being annexed to that of Killaliathan. There are several schools within the parish."