1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Derrygalvin contained the following places:
"DERRYGALVIN, a parish in the barony of Clanwilliam, in the county of Limerick, province of Munster, Ireland, 3½ miles S.E. of Limerick, its post town. It is situated on the road from Limerick to Tipperary. The surface consists of excellent soil both for pasture and arable. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Limerick, value with Kilmurry, £313, in the patronage of the crown. The church is a mere ruin. In the Roman Catholic arrangement this parish is comprised in the union of St. Patrick, Limerick. Ballyclough, Coolanave, and Killonan, are the principal seats."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018