DREHIDTARSNA, or DREHEDHARSNIE, also called DROGHETARSNEY, a parish, in the barony of COSHMA, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 2 miles (S.W.by S.) from Adare; containing 358 inhabitants.
This parish comprises 722 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, exclusively of the townland of Drehidtarsna, which is tithe-free: the land is of superior quality and well cultivated. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Limerick; the rectory is part of the union and corps of the prebend of St. Munchin in the cathedral of St. Mary, Limerick: the vicarage is in the gift of the Prebendary. The tithes amount to £64. 12. 3½., of which £43. 1. 6. is payable to the prebendary, and the remainder to the vicar, who also receives £68 late currency from Primate Boulter's fund.
The glebe-house was erected in 1828., on a glebe of 19 acres. The church is a small edifice with a tower; and on Sunday evenings a lecture is delivered in the glebehouse.
In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union of Adare. The parochial schools are chiefly supported by the vicar and the Earl of Dunraven.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.