1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Drehidtarsna contained the following places:
"DREHIDTARSNA, a parish in the baronies of Upper Connello and Coshma, in the county of Limerick, province of Munster, Ireland, 2 miles S. of Adare, its post town. It is situated on the left bank of the river Maig. The surface consists of excellent soil. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Limerick, value £132, in the patronage of the Incumbent of St. Munchin's. The church was built in 1812 by the late Board of First Fruits. It is a small building with tower. There is a parish school, assisted by Earl Dunraven."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018