1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Dromin contained the following places:
"DROMIN, a parish in the barony of Coshma, in the county of Limerick, province of Munster, Ireland, 2 miles S.W. of Bruff, its post town. It is situated on the road from Kilmallock to Limerick. The living is a rect, in the diocese of Limerick, value with Athlacca, £478, in the patronage of J. Croker, Esq. The nearest church is at Athlacca. There are two Roman Catholic chapels and two hedge-schools within the parish. Here are the ruins of Meadstown Castle, built in the 15th century by the O'Hanlons, and reduced by Cromwell in 1654. There are ruins of Dromin church."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018